Friday, June 05, 2009

Indulging The Diva Within – And Without

In an uncharacteristic and expensive indulgence of my physical vanity, I decided to spend large and have my hair cropped and dyed at a cooler-than-thou Sydney salon. My hair is normally jet black – with flecks of premature grey caused by the toxins in enamel paint – but I wanted to try turning it platinum. I was told to put aside the better part of a day for the process. So I loaded up a satchel with pens, sketchbook, diary, cell-phone, iPod and a non-fiction book (the last is just for show – I love skimming the salon's back issues of Vogue and Harper's Bazaar more than anything) and resigned myself to a day in which I would do absolutely nothing productive or creative. Bliss.

4 comments:

jennie Rosenbaum said...

wow! I can't wait to see how it looks when it is done! I can't imagine you as a blonde.
funny thing is I just went from blonde to black and red (and pink and copper) must be a time for change..

it's wonderful to indulge yourself occasionally and be pampered. and good for you too!

Imani said...

Platinum will look really intense on you. I cant wait to see.

RAWVOLTA said...

I want to see it soon!
I am almost jet black as well..and have this dream of going platinum.

Would you do it also when your hair would be long ?

Please, please, kindly please - show yourself!;-)

hazel colditz said...

hah! what a crack-up! jet black hair..we were born with this hair color for a reason!! i too am jet black w/the grey but its not from toxins. i've done the expense/vanity w/blonde and ended up doin the same thing...shaved my head! was better shaved than a blonde!
hazel